Today, 35% of U.S. households don’t have running wires or land lines around their entire home. By the end of 2012, over 678 million households worldwide were connected to the internet and 73% of these households created a Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) by utilizing a wireless router. Our tips and tricks at Diamante Custom Homes can help you go wireless in nearly any room in the house.
Types of Wireless Technology In Our Homes
- Personal Wireless Devices: Including smartphones, tablets, iPods, and more.
- Computer Technology: This includes computers connected to additional devices in your home, and to the Internet router.
- Home Entertainment: This may include a growing collection of wireless devices for exchanging audio, video, and games in your home.
- Home Automation and Control: Functions that were once done manually before, such as turning off the lights or setting the temperature, can be automated.
Keeping Your Personal Devices Charged
How often do you forget to charge your phone at night and then regret it the next morning? The best way to solve this problem is having at least one home charging station. Although there are wall outlets with USB ports, leaving your cell phone or costly electronics on the floor isn’t a smart idea. In addition, leaving your phone to charge in the bathroom or kitchen next to water isn’t a safe space for your electronics either.
Easily Manage Your Wireless Home Networks
In wireless homes, you don’t need your devices physically connected in your network. Here are the steps you need to take to connect wirelessly in your home:
- From your Internet network interface box, you need CAT-5 wiring to your router, which benefits both wired and wireless connections in your home.
- Many computers today are wireless, and they can connect to your printers, scanners, fax, etc. This means you can centrally locate devices, so everyone can share one printer.
- You may want to consider backing up your data locally with a network attached storage device that’s connected to all computers. Carbonite is a good option for remote backups!
Growing Your Home Entertainment With Technology
If you have a family, you’ve probably collected an array of digital games. The benefit of wireless homes is that it provides connection so that other devices can access data (audio, video, images) stored on another device. With wireless technology, you’ll be able to organize all your digital assets and manage them centrally.
Exploring Home Automation For Remote Control & More
As technology is added to many products, there are dozens of ways to make managing your home simpler and easier. With wireless technology, you can explore home automation and reduce your energy and water bills by the following: control climate with upgraded thermostats, utilize lighting controls with motion sensor and remote controls, improve your home security and smart appliances, and much more!
If you’re interested in switching to a completely wireless home and improving your home lifestyle, contact Diamante Homes at (210) 341-6430.