Call us for a Free Lot Evaluation!
If you already own your property, or are in the process of selecting a site for your new home, please contact us to arrange a free evaluation of your property to determine the best possible building site and design for your new home! One thing you do not want to do is get started on your plans without obtaining a tree & topography survey. This is the most crucial part of the design & planning process. You want to know how much slope you have if any, prevailing winds, sun rise & fall, etc. In order to maximize your dollars and build the most efficient home possible, we must listen to the land. How much site work will your property require? Will there need to be any retaining walls, etc? We have seen time and time again the frustration that sets in when plans are drawn without taking into consideration what the land says to do!
Build On Your Lot
So you have identified that you would like to build a new custom home on that perfect piece of property. Now what do you do? We have abbreviated some of the most important next steps to follow below:
1. Select a site for your new custom home. This is the most important aspect of custom building. If you do not already have land or need help finding that Dream property, we can help. We have knowledge of every piece of property listed publicly and often times have the inside scoop on some of the private Exclusive developer properties. We may even know about the perfect pocket listing – the properties that are for sale, but have not yet hit the public market.
2. Arrange a free evaluation of your property. Again, going back to the most important aspect of custom building…If you are about to purchase property and would like a free consultation to evaluate the best possible building site, we are a phone call away. If you already have property, odds are that you have done your due diligence. If you still need us, we are a phone call away.
3. Obtain a tree & topography survey. This is the very next step and perhaps the most crucial aspect in the Design and Planning Process. You want to know how much slope you have if any, do we have prevailing winds, where is the sun rise & fall, etc.? Simply put what is the land telling us to do? This is often the question that fails to get answered early in the planning stages. Do NOT skip this step. In order to maximize your dollars and build the most efficient home possible, we must listen to the land. How much site work will your property require? Will we need retaining walls? We have seen time and time again the frustration that sets in when plans are drawn without taking into consideration what the land says to do!
4. Design Phase. After filling out the almighty “Dream Home Sheet,” we are ready to schedule the Design Kickoff Meeting. This Phase averages about 3 months.
5. Permitting & ACC Phase. After the Design is complete, we are ready for any city permitting and Architectural Control Committee submittals. This Phase averages about 30-45 days for plan review.
6. Construction Phase. After all Permitting, Engineering, and Pre-Construction activities are complete, alas we are ready to break ground. This Phase averages 6 weeks for every 1,000 s.f. we have under roof.